While energy efficiency upgrades to your home can help save you money in energy costs, a Power Moves rebate could...Read More →
Building whole-home efficiency with Touchstone Energy Home
When you build to Touchstone Energy Home standards, your customers save on energy, month after month, can qualify for a larger mortgage, and end up with a home that sells faster (and for a better price) than a standard home. The Touchstone Energy Home is typically 48 percent more efficient than a traditional model, meaning homeowners end up with a home that stays more comfortable and is less expensive to operate.
The Touchstone Energy® Home features are:
- R-19 wall insulation minimum (materials to achieve R-19 is not specified)
- R-42 attic insulation minimum (materials to achieve R-42 is not specified)
- Attic ventilation with ridge vent and aerated soffit
- Conditioned crawlspace with perimeter R-10 insulation and moisture control
- Double pane, Low-E windows and glass doors
- Insulated exterior doors
- Whole house infiltration control to help prevent air leaks
- Externally vented exhaust systems in bathrooms and kitchen
- Exterior house wrap and window wrap
- Weep holes in place on brick or stone cladding
- Heating and cooling ducts located in conditioned space (no flex duct)
- Energy-efficient electric water heating with a .94 energy factor* or better
*50 gallon unit specification
- High-efficiency electric heat pump or geothermal unit
For more information (or if you’d like to participate in a two-hour training session to become a registered Touchstone Energy homebuilder and appear on our builder list), please contact Program Manager Laura Matney at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 481-2873.
Our monthly Trade Ally e-newsletter brings opportunity to your inbox. Written just for contractors and focused on connecting your customers to the rebates that make upgrades more appealing, it’s a quick read that helps put jobs on your roster, brings you details about professional development, and offers nuggets of news from the industry.
See what we mean: Check out previous newsletters here. Sign up now to read all the news every month.