Life’s a Little Greener in a Power Moves Home
The Power Moves Home program is changing the way builders and homeowners think about energy efficiency. Homes built to the program’s standards are typically 20 percent more efficient than a traditional home. That means they use less energy, cost less to live in, and are more comfortable all year long. How does the program work? First, we’ll meet with your builder to discuss the program requirements. Next, a Home Energy Rating System® (HERS) rater is assigned to the project to verify these requirements are met before and during construction. Finally, you’ll receive a full energy-efficiency report that includes a HERS rating for your home. All of this is provided for free to homeowners and builders, and, of course, you can be involved every step of the way! Read on to learn more about building a home that costs less to own (and keeps you more comfortable).
Power Moves Home Benefits
What makes a Power Moves Home unique? Our high standards for energy efficiency. Here are some of the benefits illustrating why your next home should be a Power Moves Home:
- Know how affordable it is to heat and cool your home with the Power Moves Home heating and cooling guarantee
- Third party rater and local energy advisor help your building team so the home performs at its best
- Access to experienced energy professionals before you build lets you tweak parts of your home before costly change orders are needed
- No need to worry about the air you breathe in your home. Each Power Moves Home has a mechanical ventilation system customized to your home’s size and occupants
- Rebates help make expensive, high performance technologies and techniques more affordable and easier to incorporate into your new home
* These specs are not inclusive of all program qualifications. Homes must be registered prior to construction start, blueprints submitted for review and builders trained. in addition to all specs being verified by an approved HERS rater before a home can be program certified. To start the process, please contact the Energy Advisor at your electric co-op or Dan Phillips at PMHome@PowerMoves.com.
What HERS Scores Mean to Energy Efficiency
The HERS index is the industry standard for measuring a home’s energy efficiency. A lower rating means that your home is more efficient—and costs you less money. If you’re wondering how Power Moves Homes stack up, check out the chart below. Our homes are 20 percent more efficient than an average new home, and a whopping 79 percent more efficient than a typical resale home. Watch the video below to see why you should always ask for the HERS index score.
If you’d like more information about building a Power Moves Home, or if you’re a homebuilder who would like to receive the required free ~2 hour builder training, please contact us by completing the form below.